As I mentioned in the previous post, I have tended to spend my modelling time actually modelling (assuming I have had the mojo for it – this has not always been the case!) rather than blogging about modelling. Consequently there have been a number of things which have been mentioned on this blog but haven’t had the whole story shared.
So what has been done? Well I have had a look back over the posts of this year and noticed what I had mentioned and so the following list has been compiled:
- The makeover on St Alban’s Priory has been largely completed. Still some stuff to do but having survived TMTEX as mentioned in the June post, I haven’t done anything else with it. There are some photos to put up on it so I will get onto that later in the week and hopefully have the current state of play for viewing early next week.
- The LNWR D6 on Shapeways as mentioned in the June update has been fairly successful. I found from my test print that the buffers were slightly in the wrong spot so I did a second rendering. I haven’t had the second go printed yet – but someone has! I haven’t heard any bad things about it so hopefully they were happy. I will likewise put a more detailed post up about this too.
- 2mm Scale Association members will have read about our very successful 1st Australasian Gathering in Sydney in a recent Magazine. We are having another one next year over the same weekend – third weekend in August – in Brisbane. The Gathering was a very inspirational event and as a result of deciding to have it up here next year, two of us have bravely (rashly?) decided to have layouts! So Swallow’s End has been dusted off and progress restarted. More to come – particularly on the tar wagon.
- I have also been dabbling in Victorian Railways N Scale building a pair of Spirit Design Y class shunters. There is a T in the offing but these (a pair again) are being built by a mate who is going to end up with one of the Ys. Whilst this hasn’t been mentioned, there will be some story – although not quite as many photos as I had hoped! – to share.
- Lastly the local Area Group has been having its regular meetings and some of the modelling being done has been very inspiring in its own right. We have decided to have a challenge next year – build a diorama in an archive box! More on that to come too.
So not all doom and gloom and lack of progress – just a lack of sharing and recording.