Thursday, July 29, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Saturday, July 17, 2010
Friday, July 9, 2010
As promised yesterday, here are the three Parkwood LNER Fruit vans. They are running on LNER 8 clasp brake chassis from the 2mm FSA and have been transferred using MMT089 - Ex LNER Fruit vans from the NGS Shop. I used Precision BR Bauxite for the bodies, Humbrol 32 for the roof and whatever the cheapest can of flat black spray I could find for the chassis.
There is still a couple of things to finish off - vacuum cylinders and weathering. Then there is the issue of couplings. At this point in time, there will be 6 of these (note the three are all different - one with roof vents and one without in the planked side variety) and they will be joined by 4 Bacfar BR Fruit vans (hopefully I "win" enough axles in the Shop 2 Lottery on the weekend!) in a train which will probably have a J70 in BR Early crest at the front. For Elm Road there will be no need to shunt so I am thinking of using the Matherson Models 3 links (I know these would be joined by screwlinks but finding working ones in 2mm is proving a little hard!) and having this rake permanently coupled. The longer term plan for Outwell Basin would see some being shunted but only 3 or 4 from a train so they would be new builds for the new layout I guess.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
In light of David Eveleigh winning the GJLC with his layout and given it was his W&U kits which lead me to joining, I also cracked on with some stock for Amity's and my planned layout based on the Elm Road stopping place. Unfortunately the weather in Longreach has meant the spraying of the chassis of the 3 LNER Fruit vans hasn't happened so no photos - but all that is needed is the spraying, the fitting and the choice of couplings. These vans are Parkwood ones and have been transfered using the appropriate MMT transfers from the NGS - more details when finished and uploaded.
Saturday, July 3, 2010
NGS Weltrol - Kit 31. Transfers supplied in the kit.
Chivers Finelines LMS Double Bolster. This used some transfers from MMT087 (BR Pre Nat Machinery and Bolster Wagons) as well as number panels from MMT567. Chassis as above.
So with school holidays a week old and Hollie's 4th birthday party out of the road (she had a Thomas the Tank Engine cake - I will try and dig up a picture as it looked pretty good if I do say so myself!) I have gotten back into it over the last few days.
Mum and Dad came from Hollie's birthday and brought with them some more of my UFOs which were stored at their house in Brisbane. This has enabled me to pretty much finish off the rake of 10 Peco TTA wagons to travel around behind one of my Blue Cl 33s. I used Fox transfers for this - their sheet F2120 which is for TTAs and includes Hazcem panels and pretty well all you would need for 10 wagons which is good. The bad - well they only have enough TTA Tops Data panels in white on black for 9 wagons. Incidentally they have enough black writing on white backgrounds for 6 wagons yet enough of everything else to do 10 wagons. You would think, at least I did, that if there are 20 Hazcems, 20 No Naked Lights, 20 etc (you get the picture) there would be 20 white on black and 20 black on white so people could do 10 wagons all up.
Anyway, since our good digital camera ended up in the washing machine on Monday, there are no photos until there is some good light tomorrow - and hopefully it will be a nice enough day tomorrow to do some spray painting which will see a few other things closer to being finished too.