When the Farish Mk 1 Pullman's came out I, like I suspect a few did, got enough for a prototypical rake. At the time, Farish didn't have a record of bringing out different numbers so I assumed, wrongly as it turned out, that the ones available were it. I wasn't worried as I know the NGS had transfers which would fix this - MMT402 if you are interested - and I duly purchased same. Now as it happens, Farish did the B numbers which had new names and numbers so had I been patient I would not have needed to do what I did last night (having finally gotten a roundtuit!). The picture above shows the newly done side of Magpie (which was going to be Swift as this fitted a bit better but the first Swift was cracked and I lost the T before I realised - so Magpie was picked as being Australian!) and Car No 333. Magpie was Eagle and 333 was 332 so the changes on the Second Class Car were very minimal.
I painted over the bits I didn't want with Precision Paints Pullman Umber - with a small brush and a bit of care, no damage was done to the lining around the words so this is the original printing. As it happens, the E in Magpie seems to be missing a bit of the lower stem, but it isn't obvious on the coach and the other side is fine so I will just have to watch which way round it runs. Good side to the Punters obviously.
This effort was about 15 mins work - and a couple of hours making sure the paint was dry! If anyone is looking to do something similar, I have the rest of the transfers, free to a good home. Just get in touch. All there except for Magpie, a couple of 3s and one Swift. One of the borders was used to fix up a worn line on the other side of 333.